Dundas Parks Golf Club will be the “controller” of the personal information that you provide/provided to us when applying for membership. When you register as a member of Dundas Parks Golf Club, or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under 16), we will ask for the following information:
Contact details: Name, address, contact number, DOB, email address, and category of membership required.
Why we need your personal information: Contractual Purposes
We need to collect personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our member’s personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services
- Set up your on line membership club account
- Send you membership communication (by post or email) in relation to membership administration, membership renewal, club communications and competition purposes.
If you do not provide us with all the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to provide membership services.
Why we need your personal information: Legitimate Purposes
We also process our member’s personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in golf by sending member’s communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes.
- Provide competition in golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in the correct category
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to golf. We will use your personal information to investigate complaints and take any disciplinary action if required.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have
the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com If we agree and comply with your objection, this may
affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information: Legal Obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland, for the purposes of safeguarding children. We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process that disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for one year.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to or emailing us at Dundas Parks Golf Club. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that we correct or complete your personal information
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes
- If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so
- Any requests received by Dundas Parks Golf Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk